COVID-19 and Access to Mental Health Tools and Information
For information from Nova Scotia Health about COVID-19, including news, resources and visitor restrictions, visit http://www.nshealth.ca/coronavirus
Click on the icons below for some quick tips:
We’re here to help. COVID-19 and the recent tragedies in Nova Scotia have been hard on our communities.
Nova Scotia Health’s Mental Health and Additions clinicians are available and can meet with you in person, over the phone or through virtual video visit software, which is safe and private. Free, anonymous self-help options are also available. Watch the video below to learn more.
Online mental health and addictions services
- Mindwell U: A free online challenge that takes just five minutes a day, and can be accessed anywhere and on any device.
- Therapy Assistance Online (TAO): A free and private online resource available to Nova Scotians. It includes interactive activities and videos for people having challenges with their mental health.
- Breaking Free: This free and confidential app is designed to increase your wellness and sense of control over alcohol or drugs, or anything else that may be causing you difficulties.
- Wellness Together Canada: Mental Health and Substance Use Support: Free online resources, tools, apps and connections to trained volunteers and qualified mental health professionals when needed.
- Take5 Gambling Support Network: Online support for those experiencing gambling problems and/or harms.