Connections Service is a recovery-focused program that provides supports and opportunities to adults living with mental illness such as schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder or bipolar disorder, and who also experience substantial functional challenges in their day-to-day lives.
These supports and opportunities include:
- Improving life skills (cooking, shopping, budgeting, bus training, etc)
- Finding employment
- Taking part in education opportunities
- Making friends
- Providing treatment, medication and symptom monitoring
- Helping to find and maintain an apartment
- Working with your family and friends
- Getting involved in individual’s community
- Promoting health and wellness
All services provided are tailored to meet the needs of the individuals and their families. They may be offer at the Connections site or in the community.
Accessing this Service
Click here if you are unsure which NSHA Zone you live in.
A referral from your doctor, psychiatrist, mental health clinician or community agency is required. The referral needs to be faxed to the Centralized Intake of Recovery and Integration Services at 902 464-6142.