prideHealth works to improve access to safe, coordinated, comprehensive primary health care for people who are part of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
prideHealth provides the following services for the 2SLGBTQIA+ community:
- Referrals to aff irming mental health and addictions providers
- Information and referrals for gender-aff irming care
- Information about sexually transmitted and blood-borne infection (STBBI) testing and treatment services
- Information about community resources such as peer support, advocacy, and social groups
prideHealth provides the following education and resources to Nova Scotia Health and IWK staff:
- Workshops and learning opportunities on 2SLGBTQIA+ health equity and structural competence
- Information and referrals for gender-affirming care
- Mainpro+® accredited courses on pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), gender-aff irming hormones, gender-aff irming surgeries and aftercare, and STBBI testing and treatment (https://cbrc.teachable.com)
- Communities of practice on PrEP,gender-aff irming hormones, and transmental health
- The Pride Network for staff who are part of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community
prideHealth operates in Mi’kma’ki, the traditional and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq. We are all treaty people.
prideHealth is a partnership between the NSHA and the IWK Health Centre.
Accessing this Service
Click here if you are unsure which NSHA Zone you live in.